7.13.2010

Subtlety

I read a Japanese scholar Umesao saying "My English cannot handle the subtlety of my thoughts" on the newspaper. I sometimes feel my diary written in English seems to be written by an elementary school student. It is because my English does not seem to be same level of English for my age. I use an easy vocabulary because I don't know difficult words very much. I think that one's thoughts depend on the vocabulary one use. If I can use only easy vocabulary, my thought would be easy one, it would never be complex one. When I think something in English, the result will be easier than what I really want to express if the idea of mine and what Mr. Umesao said would be right. I should think in Japanese when I think something delicate. I can understand and agree with Mr. Umesao. The vocabulary makes the thoughts. I sometimes see non-Japanese native speakers speaking in Japanese on TV, and they sound a bit strange when their Japanese is not good very much. It is same to me. I will try to enrich my vocabulary and also think in Japanese to keep my thoughts as same level for my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment