8.17.2010

Zazen

I experienced zazen for 4 days learning from the chief priest in early August. It was a ritual as every movement has a form. I can tell how to form zazen: first put the right foot on the left thigh, then put the left foot on the right thigh. Next, put both palms at the center of the formed legs about on the left ankle, with all fingers except thumbs touched, left hand fingers on the right hand fingers, and touch tips of each thumb making circle. This is zazen form. We kept it for about 10 to 15 minutes at rest. It came various images in my mind and the priest told us not to stop the feeling from each of our heart. I experienced some feelings while doing zazen. I think doing zazen makes person alone and get people being themselves among others. I didn't feel pain of my legs during zazen, but I felt pain after unbending zazen. I don't try to do zazen in my usual life because of that. I think zazen limits the body and that makes mind free. I always feel something cry for my usual mind during zazen. Zazen is a good way to consider our minds in usual lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment